Pet Friendly Apartments and Rental Housing
Help Finding Pet-Friendly Housing
Too many animals are surrendered to shelters for the reason “Landlord Says No”. A heartbreaking situation for you and your beloved pets.
It is our goal to keep you and your pets together by offering guidance and making it easy to find pet-friendly rentals.
Because availability and policies are not static, we thought it made sense to provide you with the tools to find pet-friendly housing that have current vacancies. We have researched and found the following to be the most easy & useful.
Please check out our Tips for Success near the end of this page.
Pet-Friendly Search Tools
Easy to use search tools that list pet-friendly apartments and displays results as pinpoints on a map. There are numerous options for refining your search. Click on any property listed for more details.
The site is tailored to dogs, but most places that allow dogs also allow cats. Because the list is static you will need to call to check on pricing, types of units and availability. The list can be sorted by Name, City or Weight Restrictions.
Pet-Friendly Property Managers
For a more personal touch, these companies manage properties in and around Portland, Oregon and most or all of their rentals are pet-friendly. Between them, they offer everything from studio apartments to large homes.
Summerfield Rental Home Community
A community of 3 bedrooms 2 bath homes that are pet-friendly. They feature the privacy of a fenced backyard without the worries of the yard and house maintenance. Located in SW WA near shopping, freeways, and the Portland International Airport.
Tips for Success
Before beginning your search, do some planning & consider:
- Allow extra time. Finding pet-friendly housing will probably take longer since you are trying to please you and your pet(s).
- Do not sneak in your pet. Ideally, limit searching to places that welcome pets.
- Get it in writing if a landlord does agree to forego a no-pets clause.
- Prepare. References, vet records, & consider a pet resume. You will definitely seem more responsible and trustworthy.
- Review policies. Such as a limit on a number of pets and/or weight; extra deposit requirements; behavior guidelines.