Tryon Creek State Natural Area
Elevation Gain: 125ft
Summary: A forested park with trails, right in the middle of SW Portland. Mostly shaded, a nice choice on a hot day.
Trailhead [map]: Off SW Terwilliger Boulevard, about 2.4 miles south of I-5.
Click for… Additional Trail Information
Don’t Forget…Safe Hiking Tips for You and your Dog
- Know the Conditions & Weather
- Know the route
- Be prepared
- Have a backup plan
- Rocky trails are hard on dog paws – consider carrying booties
- Hazardous animals – cougars, snakes, bears, skunks, porcupines, salmon (found dead during spawning season) or any raw fish
- Water from streams may be contaminated with
- Plants – poison oak & poison ivy, toxic: rhododendrons & azaleas
- Heat stroke can be fatal to dogs when its 70 degrees or warmer
- Ticks and Lyme disease