Distance: 3.2 miles
Elevation Gain: 610ft
Summary:Hike through forest past a series of waterfalls, ending with the spectacular Triple falls. There are nice places to sit down and picnic at the falls. As with the other hikes close-in to Portland, this is a popular hike where you will be navigating around people and other dogs on the trail.
Trailhead [map]: FromPDX east on I-84 to the Bridal Veil exit (#28). East on the Historic Highway 5.1 miles to a small parking lot on the left, just before the Oneonta Gorge.
Click for… Additional Trail Information
Don’t Forget…Safe Hiking Tips for You and your Dog
- Know the Conditions & Weather
- Know the route
- Be prepared
- Have a backup plan
- Rocky trails are hard on dog paws – consider carrying booties
- Hazardous animals – cougars, snakes, bears, skunks, porcupines, salmon (found dead during spawning season) or any raw fish
- Water from streams may be contaminated with
- Plants – poison oak & poison ivy, toxic: rhododendrons & azaleas
- Heat stroke can be fatal to dogs when its 70 degrees or warmer
- Ticks and Lyme disease