Powell Butte Perimeter
Elevation Gain: 500ft
Summary:Powell Butte Nature park offers many trail options, this trail follows the perimeter and offers views of Mt. Hood, Mt. St. Helens and Mt. Adams.
Trailhead [map]: Start at 162nd & Powell. Drive south on 162nd and you will enter the park immediately. Continue up the hill about 1/4 mi to the parking lot.
Click for… Additional Trail Information
Don’t Forget…Safe Hiking Tips for You and your Dog
- Know the Conditions & Weather
- Know the route
- Be prepared
- Have a backup plan
- Rocky trails are hard on dog paws – consider carrying booties
- Hazardous animals – cougars, snakes, bears, skunks, porcupines, salmon (found dead during spawning season) or any raw fish
- Water from streams may be contaminated with
- Plants – poison oak & poison ivy, toxic: rhododendrons & azaleas
- Heat stroke can be fatal to dogs when its 70 degrees or warmer
- Ticks and Lyme disease