Distance: 1, 2 and & 4mile
Elevation Gain: 100ft
Summary:An urban oasis in Washington Park boasting trees from around the world. Several self-guided hikes available (see website).
Trailhead [map]: Visitor Center is at 4000 SW Fairview Blvd. Near the Zoo off of Hwy 26 & Canyon Rd.
Click for… Additional Trail Information
Don’t Forget…Safe Hiking Tips for You and your Dog
- Know the Conditions & Weather
- Know the route
- Be prepared
- Have a backup plan
- Rocky trails are hard on dog paws – consider carrying booties
- Hazardous animals – cougars, snakes, bears, skunks, porcupines, salmon (found dead during spawning season) or any raw fish
- Water from streams may be contaminated with
- Plants – poison oak & poison ivy, toxic: rhododendrons & azaleas
- Heat stroke can be fatal to dogs when its 70 degrees or warmer
- Ticks and Lyme disease