Distance: 7.5 miles
Elevation Gain: 2100ft
Summary: A hike that has everything – waterfalls, forests, plus incredible river and mountain views.
Trailhead [map]: Trailhead Off of SR14 (WA) near Beacon Rock, 35 mi east of Vancouver, 7mi south of Bridge of the Gods.
Click for… Additional Trail Information
Don’t Forget…Safe Hiking Tips for You and your Dog
- Know the Conditions & Weather
- Know the route
- Be prepared
- Have a backup plan
- Rocky trails are hard on dog paws – consider carrying booties
- Hazardous animals – cougars, snakes, bears, skunks, porcupines, salmon (found dead during spawning season) or any raw fish
- Water from streams may be contaminated with
- Plants – poison oak & poison ivy, toxic: rhododendrons & azaleas
- Heat stroke can be fatal to dogs when its 70 degrees or warmer
- Ticks and Lyme disease