Distance: 3.2 miles
Elevation Gain: 100ft
Summary:Walk right along the Willamette river with views of downtown riverfront. Cross the Steel and Hawthorne bridges. Take in the Saturday Market.
Trailhead [map]: SE Water Ave & Hawthorne Blvd. Free street parking as well as paid lots available.
Click for… Additional Trail Information
Don’t Forget…Safe Hiking Tips for You and your Dog
- Know the Conditions & Weather
- Know the route
- Be prepared
- Have a backup plan
- Rocky trails are hard on dog paws – consider carrying booties
- Hazardous animals – cougars, snakes, bears, skunks, porcupines, salmon (found dead during spawning season) or any raw fish
- Water from streams may be contaminated with
- Plants – poison oak & poison ivy, toxic: rhododendrons & azaleas
- Heat stroke can be fatal to dogs when its 70 degrees or warmer
- Ticks and Lyme disease