Distance: 4.5 miles RT
Elevation Gain: 1500ft
Summary: A very popular hike that includes two waterfalls on the way to a summit with a 270 degree sweeping view up & down the Columbia River. It is typically quite windy at the top, and footing is precarious on the upper portion of the hike.
Trailhead [map]: Eastbound on I-84, take Bridal Veil Exit #28. The trailhead is south of the Historic Columbia River Hwy, opposite the junction with the interstate access road.
Click for…Additional Trail Information
Don’t Forget…Safe Hiking Tips for You and your Dog
- Know the Conditions & Weather
- Know the route
- Be prepared
- Have a backup plan
- Rocky trails are hard on dog paws – consider carrying booties
- Hazardous animals – cougars, snakes, bears, skunks, porcupines, salmon (found dead during spawning season) or any raw fish
- Water from streams may be contaminated with
- Plants – poison oak & poison ivy, toxic: rhododendrons & azaleas
- Heat stroke can be fatal to dogs when its 70 degrees or warmer
- Ticks and Lyme disease